Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Ring

My daddy gave me
a birthstone ring.
To me it means
everything.

The ring is a bright, red ruby,
Daddy says it means 
he loves me.

On my finger
I'll keep it there,
to let me show
my daddy cares.


     Have you ever gotten some special "jewelry" from your family?  What was the occasion?  Have you ever wanted any?  What?  When I was 12 my daddy gave me a charm bracelet and for several years after that, every Christmas and birthday I'd get a gold charm to add to the bracelet.  Can you guess what some of the charms were?  Today's poem can be about jewelry--real or imagined.  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    What a lovely gift. I am guessing charms you might have received...a birthday cake, a diploma, a pen, a book, a star. Are any of these correct? Will you share some of them in another poem?

    ReplyDelete